Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Factory Manager and is situated in the North of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application.
The Factory Manager is responsible for the overall production performance of the factory and for the management and coordination of the production department. They will ensure an efficient and effective production programme is followed and that all production requirements are met. They will also play a key role with regards to Health and Safety and the management of staff.
• Oversee the entire production process and ensure all production targets are met
• Identify ways in which any unmet production targets can be achieved in the most cost-effective way
• Review current production methods, identify how products can be made more efficiently, what elements of the line are reducing the throughput and how this can be overcome, and how new products can be produced
• Monitor product standards and having a sound knowledge of the quality control programmes implemented
• Liaise and co-operate with all relevant departments to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat, that the quality complies with the customer specifications, that products meet current legislation standards and that they are produced under methods of Good Manufacturing Practices
• When required play a key role in production projects. This will involve working closely with the engineering department
• Build and maintain an open and collaborative working relationship with the engineering department
• Oversee the Stores Department but provide the Stock and Logistics Manager with autonomy to run the department
• Continually review staffing levels and ensuring the correct allocation of staff is in each area
• Play a key role during site visits by customers, suppliers, and other auditing bodies
• Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times by factory operatives, supervisors, production managers and any other individual on the factory floor.
• A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations
• Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
• A passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience
• Ability to be flexible to meet business needs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• A team player
• Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development
• Professional approach and attitude
Qualifications & Skills:
• Knowledge of HACCP, BRC and retail audit requirements
• Knowledge of food legislation standards
• Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations
• Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company
• £80,000 – £100,000.00 Overall Package (Based on Experience)
• Additional bonuses from the company’s performance
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.