D R Newitt is delighted to be retained by Baxters Food Group to recruit a European Planning Manager.
You’ll join the Department Director and his team to lead the Baxters Food Group European Sales & Operations Planning process, you will be delivering a robust cycle that highlights key areas of risk/opportunity around supply and demand balance and ensures key stakeholders are clear about associated action to improve.
People Management – Provide clear direction and understanding of expectations. Lead, coach, and measure team performance. Develop a skilled, versatile, competent team who are capable of meeting company objectives. Promote flexibility by developing and expanding the skills of team members. Monitor objectives and measure achievement levels regularly. Demonstrate strong leadership to ensure the team is focused, performing and motivated to obtain full commitment.
Budgeting – Direct the development of goals, budget, and business plans to achieve revenue, profit, asset, and strategic objectives in line with Group targets. Accountable for ownership of Planning cost centres, as well as the delivery of the associated KPIs.
Cost Control – Monitor and manage cost commitments with the team to ensure control in line with budgeted spending, and clear stakeholder management where exceptional spend outwith these agreed levels is required.
Rules, Regulations & Procedures – Implement policies and procedures to conform to group practices. Develop if necessary, and implement safe working practices, equipment, and work environments in alignment with all appropriate regulations and best practices.
Continuous Improvement – Develop the use of continuous improvement techniques globally to achieve operational excellence, efficiency, and differentiation from competitors. Maintain a keen awareness of market needs, opportunities, and economic conditions. Drive customer and internal operational-centred improvements. Ensure group consistency through best practices and communication.
Cultural Change – Promote positive cultural change around all sites, actively encouraging a team approach, greater accountability throughout the employee base and a spirit of open, honest, and effective communication. Take a lead approach through your own behaviour.
Best Practice – Work with Planning teams and wider business on plans to deliver best practice procedures and approaches. In particular, driving accuracy through sales forecasting improved stability through the production planning cycle and material inventory management process. Encouraging maximised use of IT/systems to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Strategic Planning – Implement and oversee a clear S&OP strategy to support continuous improvement and provision of an efficient service to internal and external customers.
Company Ambassador – Represent Baxters Food Group where required, presenting a professional and positive image of the business actively.
What Are We Looking For
• Strong background of leadership in demanding planning environments.
• Proven experience in FMCG/CPG production/manufacturing environments.
• Commercial understanding of FMCG industry dynamics.
• Confident in dealing with strong operational personalities and able to challenge effectively and not merely accept information provided at face value.
• Excellent leadership skills and commitment to organisational vision and values.
• Clear ability to “see beyond the numbers” and provide leadership insight to all teams and the Executive Management as to why the performance was as it was and how the future performance is likely to be impacted by market conditions.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, along with attention to detail.
• Ability to manage tasks, work under pressure, and balance business needs.
• Passion for continuous improvement – Can confidently & independently lead an agenda & drive it forward
• A self-motivated individual with standalone capability in this role.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
What can Baxters offer to you?
An attractive package commensurate with background and experience required for the role, benefits include:
33 days' Annual Leave
Company Sick Pay
Health Cash Plan
Private Health Scheme – Personal only
Cycle 2 Work scheme
Baxters Rewards, with savings on food shopping, clothes, holidays, DIY and days out
Personal Pension Plan (Auto enrolled) Min 5% company match up to 7.5% after 2 years
Life Assurance for All 4 x Salary
Long Service Awards
Employee Assistance Programme: myStrength app – support & activities to help manage challenges and improve mental wellbeing.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today.
Full role information is being shared following the application.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.