A superb opportunity with our client, a leading global food manufacturer who is looking for a European Environmental & Hygiene Manager.
The main purpose of the role:
• To manage the risks of the European Division within the Group of failure to comply with Environmental legislation
• To provide advice to the European Division on compliance with Environmental legislation and the pursuit of a more environmentally sustainable business
• To be responsible for the resource planning, recruitment, management, motivation and training of the hygiene team.
• To ensure all cleaning is carried out to the highest quality, consistency, and food safety standards in-line with company and customer expectations.
• To be the main point of contact for the external chemical supplier enabling clear lines of communication for project roll out and performance monitoring
• To identify and lead continuous improvement projects driving efficiencies, cost savings and quality improvements into the hygiene program.
• To be accountable for the site’s compliance from a hygiene perspective to all relevant legislation, certification and customer code’s of practice, participating in the internal and external audit program as required.
A full job description will be provided on application
Who we are looking for:
• A strong background in environmental management systems
• A strong hygiene background within an FMCG environment
• High level of competence in Root Cause Analysis
• Customer facing experience with well-developed communication skills.
• Resilient and flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities, demands and timelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Logical thinker with hands on approach
• Motivated, collaborative and proactive team player
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
• A passion for mentoring and developing individuals.
Qualifications /Training Required:
• Degree level qualification in a Food or Science related discipline.
• A minimum 5-year experience as an Hygiene/Environmental Manager or equivalent within a FMCG environment.
• Intermediate HACCP, Intermediate Food Hygiene qualified
• Lead Auditor training seen as a distinct advantage.
Previous Experience Required:
• Previous experience in environmental awareness including awareness of ISO14001 is essential
• Previous experience of working in the hygiene section of the food industry is seen as an advantage
• Team management – proven experience with mentoring and developing individuals is essential.
• Project management
• Knowledge and experience of retailer food manufacturing standards is seen as an advantage.
• Awareness of BRCGS or GFSI equivalent certification standards.
• Sound knowledge of food legislation standards.
Personal Qualities/ Behaviors:
• Excellent project management and leadership capabilities.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels within the business.
• Close attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach are essential.
• Driven and embraces change.
• High degree of credibility both internally and externally based on experience and competence in technical knowledge and interpretive skills.
• A level of commercial awareness.
What’s on offer:
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Benefits: Company Sick Pay, Health Cash Plan, Cycle 2 Work scheme, company product Rewards (with savings on food shopping, clothes, holidays, DIY and days out) Personal Pension Plan (Auto enrolled) Min 5% company match up to 7.5% after 2 years, Life Assurance, Long Service Awards, Employee Assistance Programme
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.