Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is an Electrical Engineer and is situated in The North of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible for the for the electrical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer.
• Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
• Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
• To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
• Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
• Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
• A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership and a positive “can do” attitude.
• Have the ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure.
• Complete all engineering work to high engineering, quality, safety, and hygiene standards.
• Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
• Preferably two to three years’ experience in a fast-moving industry.
• Knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
• Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable but not essential.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £42,000.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.