Engineering Shift Team Leader, North Wales
Location: North Wales
Job type: Permanent
4 ON 4 OFF 2 DAYS, 2 NIGHTS
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Producer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! An opportunity has now arisen to be part of this successful business...
To safely deliver Engineering shift support to site by leading the effective use of staff, contractors, communication, information, policies and procedures in order to maintain and continuously improve asset, department and site performance. They will work on improvement projects aligned to the long-term strategy of the company and will be instrumental in creating a sustainable work environment for the team. To deputise for Maintenance Manager in periods of absence.
Clearly understand internal and external customer requirements to facilitate effective deployment of resources to meet these needs within the agreed timescales.
• Care for assets through the effective use and interaction with the site computerised maintenance management system, stores and administration functions to deliver planned and unplanned maintenance in a timely manner.
• Take a lead role or play an active part as required to manage any situation where animal welfare, people safety, environmental impact, plant/assets, or business integrity may suffer detriment or be adversely affected.
• Actively participate in department and cross functional operational meetings to monitor, improve and report performance against set KPI targets to ensure all aspects of engineering are effective with clear actions and focussed ownership to control and correct to root cause in a timely manner.
• To deliver a high performing team though effective coaching, mentoring, and working with the team members for the majority of your time on shift (>80%)
• Monitor and maintain all customer service levels, both internal and external
• To ensure the required standard of welfare, food safety, food hygiene, environmental controls/permits, GMP, and safe working practices are met by the self, team members, and contractors.
• Provide support and guidance on projects and improvements within the factory
• To use problem solving techniques to prevent, detect and eliminate faults, abnormalities and inefficiencies
• Effective deployment of resources and prioritisation of work/activities to support operational requirements through liaison with peer group and key stakeholders.
• Industry recognised engineering qualification
• Experience within electrical or multiskilled electrical bias
• Proven track record of achieving improvements within area of responsibility
• Strong influencing skills
• Be able to fault find in both electrical and mechanical
• Ability to diagnose circuit drawings
• Ability to drive continuous improvement performance whilst leading others
• Excellent communication skills; ability to liaise with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
• Self- motivated and a good team player
• Commercial acumen and financially aware
• Ability to work under pressure and ability to make quick and accurate decisions
Wokring 4 ON 4 OFF 2 Days, 2 Nights, 6am-6pm, 6pm-6am
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.