Engineering Operations Manager, South West England
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
My Client is looking for an Engineering Manager to work for a leading manufacturer based from their long standing site in Devon.
With overall responsibility managing the engineering function including improvements, projects, and utilities, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance and engineering on site.
Providing a high quality and efficient service to production will be a key part of this role, whilst working in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders on site.
The role ensures the effective co-ordination and management of each departmental resource, ensuring these are effectively utilised to achieve agreed targets, standards and levels of performance within business constraints. Ensuring excellent collaboration and communication with operational teams to maximise operational activity.
Taking the lead in driving a culture of continuous improvement / lean you will work with the Operations Management to identify new technology and best practice to maximise the efficiency of the operation.
You will be responsible for all aspects of team, budget (both maintenance & CAPEX) and project delivery.
• Develop and maintain relevant strategies to ensure the engineering department is running at full efficiency, within budget, and able to adapt to production changes.
• Leadership and management of all direct reports, leading by example rather than dictatorship where possible.
• Identify root cause(s) of engineering downtime and introduce effective measures such as ERD and MTBF data for analysis to eliminate/reduce
• To take responsibility for the delivery and budgetary control of capital spend on site. The commissioning and installing of new equipment in line with company budgets as well as environmental and H&S considerations
• To identify opportunities for improvement/innovation and to develop and implement action plans in conjunction with your Line Manager to maximise potential benefits of such opportunities for the business
• To consistently challenge existing practices and behaviours where these deviate from the organisations existing processes and desired culture
• To be a key driver in daily operations huddle to improve performance and communication
• To undertake relevant project work as determined by the Operations Director
Qualifications and Experience
• Engineering Degree or Approved Apprenticeship.
• Minimum of 3-5 years engineering management experience in a fast paced manufacturing or automated processing business.
• Intermediate/advanced PC literate.
• Substantial LEAN knowledge preferably accredited!
• IOSH qualified. (Desirable)
Competencies and Behaviours
• Motivational Leader
• Team player
• Planning & prioritising skills
• Analytical problem solver
• Effective Communication / Negotiation skills
• Commercially astute
• Ability to thrive in a pressured environment, with limited direction and broad responsibilities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong developing business with great future prospects, and with the scope to get involved in challenging site expansion activities.
A great opportunity to put your mark on a business!
If you feel you have the relevant experience, personality and qualifications, please apply within.
**Not all applications will receive a full response. Only relevant applications will be considered for this role, therefore please review the above fully before applying**