Engineering Manager, Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Are you an Engineering supervisor or Project Engineer looking to progress in your career?
I am currently looking for a young Engineering professional with a willingness to develop their Engineering career with a large manufacturing Business who are looking for an Engineering Manager who can grow with their Business, based in Aberdeen.
My client specialise in a unique product market, with multiple manufacturing sites across Europe with currently 2 sites in Scotland.. They are looking to replace a long-serving retiring colleague with an enthusiastic individual who can provide longevity to the role. This role will consist of the daily management of an Engineering team as well as assisting with managing a major project within the Business.
Salary: C £50k
Shift: Mon - Fri
• Report to Factory Manager
• Be proactive and get involved in areas before being asked
• Communication to be appropriate and effective at all levels
• Interact with all employees, especially Production Manager, to help provide a first class operation
• Work closely with Group Project Manager and lead the site investment actions where possible
• Provide the optimum level of support from the engineering team ensuring cover for all events and availability of spares and equipment
• Manage astutely the engineering budget and all cost centres associated with the role challenging costs and looking for opportunities to reduce spending
• Develop engineering team to manage and minimise their individual spends
• Ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fully complied with
• Ensure environmental requirements are prioritised and complied with
• Lead and motivate the engineering team
• Plan and control all engineering work including all contractors
• Ensure the engineering team is sufficiently resourced
• Comply with and support the management of the HACCP plan and feed safety standards in raw material, intermediate and final products
• Carry out recruitment, discipline and other HR functions as the line manager in accordance with the Company Handbook
• Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at functions and events
If this role would be of interest, please give Alex Williams a call on 0131 226 5060 for more information.