Engineering Manager, Aberdeenshire
Job type: Permanent
Are you a Maintenance Manager or Engineering Manager looking to take the next step in your career development?
Company / Role
Currently I am recruiting for an Engineering Manager, for my client who are a market leader in their niche' product field, supplying an array of products to an array of both retail customers, and instantly recognisable own-branded products.
Following a period of positive re-structuring, and an incoming 30% increase in the size of the site, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to report into the Head of Operations and assist with the day-to-day management of a 12 strong Engineering team and the tasks that come with that, as well as assisting with the physical development of the site, strategic planning and Engineering projects.
With strong focus on safety, effectively manage the engineering team via KPI’s, continually improving service to production. The post holder will enforce procedural and policy compliance, inclusive of but not limited to Technical, EHS and HR. Work with the business leadership team to drive operational excellence.
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
All tasks to be carried out in a consistent manner with the organisation’s culture.
Team coaching, development and management:
· Provide leadership and direction.
· Ensure colleagues and team members are kept safe, motivated and are able to deliver to their potential.
· Support other engineering personnel in addition to the wider team.
Development and implementation of robust maintenance systems:
· Development of maintenance systems and practices.
· Contractor control.
· Work closely with the Maintenance Scheduler, ensuring PM and CM activity is completed.
· Ensure CMMS and related documentation is closed out by the team.
Environment, Health and Safety:
· To ensure that all activities and responsibilities are undertaken in a safe manner, considering the health, safety and welfare of all individuals on site.
Cost Control / Management:
· Maintain cost control, ensuring asset and facility are maintained at minimum cost, while ensuring maximum performance.
· Implement data driven cost saving initiatives with the engineering team.
· Work across all departments to resolve operational issues as they arise, ensuring processes related to product safety and quality are strictly upheld.
· Demonstrate root cause failure analysis and mitigation on all significant breakdowns.
· Use initiative to stop or isolate a machine / area if there is a serious H&S risk that could pose a threat of serious harm to a team member.
· Use initiative to stop the production line in the event of a serious food safety or quality incident.
· Use level of seniority appropriately to contact and make recommendations to senior site representatives.
· Spare parts purchasing.
· Responsible for authorising overtime
· Conduct performance reviews and disciplinary meetings when required.
If this role would initially be of interest, please hit apply, and Alex Williams will give you a call to discuss your application in more detail. Thanks!