I am working with an exceptional client of mine who are established and highly regarded within the industry. My client strives for excellence and are looking to add management to the engineering department. Their strength is not only in the products, but also in people and values.
Job: Engineering manager
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000
• Proposing and managing budgets for project.
• Planning and executing strategies for completing work on time
• Determining the need for training and talent development
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production, planning vision, strategy, policies, processes, procedures, to aid and improve operational performance
• Drive functional excellence of the Engineering team
• Drive continuous improvement activities in quality cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
• Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met, and that all equipment complies with company and legal standards
• Being aware of and follow relevant health and safety policies, procedures, and instructions
• Relevant Manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred or Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent, NVQ Level 5 qualifications
• Strong working knowledge of Automation and Software package
• Preferably Siemens S7 programming experience
• In depth knowledge and experience of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Manufacturing techniques, such as Six Sigma#
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
If this position sounds as if it could be of interest, then please apply here and Jamie Lunn from D R Newitt will be in contact to discuss further