Sector: Chemical Manufacturing
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a market leader in the manufacture of fine and specialty chemicals and have a strong position both here in the UK and globally.
I am confidentially recruiting for a driven and experienced EC&I Engineer who has experience across all three disciplines.
The objective of the role is to be responsible for the management and practical application of fault finding, repair and maintenance associated to Electrical Control & Instrumentation systems and equipment, as well as participate in projects from an EC&I perspective involving design, programming of PLCs, HMI’s & DCS’s.
• Day to day planned and reactive maintenance of all EC&I equipment and controls
• Programming of PLC’s and design of HMI’s & DCS’s. Responsibilities will include configuration of controllers and computer programs.
• Specification of control instrumentation including but not limited to temperature, pressure, flow, level instrumentation and valves.
• Liaise with other teams such as process design, mechanical, CAD, manufacturing & procurement to support all aspects of the projects
• Commissioning, fault finding and problem solving where required for EC&I systems
• Ensure all health and safety requirements are met during project design
• Ensure all project records, details, manuals and diagrams are archived and kept up to date- FMEA (Failure Mode Analysis)
The Ideal Candidate
• Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with proven industrial experience.
• Experience within a process manufacturing environment and familiarity with its equipment and control systems
• PLC Programming and HMI configuration
• PID tuning
• Knowledge of instrumentation principles
• Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
• Ability to effectively work within a team
• Be able to understand electrical schematics and P&ID’s.
• Good theory or knowledge of electrical design standards and safety
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) troubleshooting
• Chemical/COMAH experience
• 18th Edition IET wiring regulations qualification
In return my client are offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this role is for you please apply below or contact Stuart Tomkinson directly.