IT Service Manager, North West England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
A brand new opportunity has come up at a large FMCG company in the North of England. They are undergoing a period of rapid growth and thus are looking for an IT Service Manager to join their IT team to manage the service delivery function as well as provide 1st/2nd line IT Support.
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing the effective delivery of IT services to the organisation
- Understanding the user community’s requirements for IT services.
- Develop, agree and communicate a Service Management plan to meet the needs of the business and, in conjunction with the Head of IT, ensure that this is in line with the organisation’s strategic IT plan.
- Make recommendations for improvement of services based on performance against targets
- Assist in the development of an IT disaster recovery plan, which is in line with business continuity planning.
- Establish and maintain relationships, service reviews and further communications, with Business customers and users through regular formal meetings with Business Managers and IT Management.
- Facilitate Service Management communications between the business and the Information Systems communities ensuring that a process of continuous improvement is adopted.
- To promote and publicise the activities of Service Management via the intranet, company publications or any other available media to improve communication and understanding between itself and the business.
- To manage all day-to-day IT Service Management matters for the business and its operating companies.
- To oversee the support and delivery of IT services to the business ensuring that these services are delivered to agreed services levels and budget and operate within ITIL best practice.
- To develop a clear and agreed understanding of new and existing IT requirements within the business and ensure that these services are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Manage day-to-day issues within the business regarding dissatisfaction of service, in a prompt and professional manner. To instill confidence in the user community.
- To ensure the establishment and maintenance of realistic Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the business, through regular review and communication with the customers.
The IT Service Manager position is a new role in the organisation. A number of ITIL processes have recently been introduced and the IT Service Manager will be expected to provide feedback and guidance on these processes.
The successful candidate with report into the Group IT Manager and will work closely with the IT Manager and the IT Support Analyst.
Monthly travel between the various sites will be required in order to attend Service Delivery meetings with key stakeholders.
Skills required include:
- 1st/2nd line technical support
- ITIL certified
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management
- Project life cycle experience
For more information please contact Emma Crabtree at the Manchester office.