Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Business Analyst - IT Business Solutions
Business Analyst required to join a company with a rich heritage who are at the forefront of their sector. As the Business Analyst you will be part of the IT Business Solutions team and work across the whole business, from Digital to Supply Chain to HR, Finance and Operations, so the projects you'll be working on are diverse and varied.
You'll be working closely with the business to understand how you can make the guest's experience better, assisting colleagues to provide exceptional service and reduce the time spent on non-value added back office tasks.
You'll need to ensure business needs are met, applying your proven elicitation techniques and analysis methodologies, challenging where appropriate while delivering true bottom-line benefits.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for working with the business to define their requirements, determining the opportunity or problem to be solved as well as the system and business change elements of the solution.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for undertaking investigative work to determine business requirements, 'as is' / 'to be' processes and business change for projects and initiatives.
- Identifying and designing solutions that meet business objectives and requirements, aligned to business and IT strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective long term relationships across IT and the wider business that can be leveraged to ensure the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Working with technical and project teams to ensure that the technical solution is delivered.
- Ensuring high quality supporting documentation is in place.
As a Business Analyst you'll need to be goal oriented with a 'can do' attitude, tenacious, driven and creative.
You'll have a great level of autonomy and the ability to help shape the thinking on their projects and be involved in the development of the Business Solutions function.
Interviews are taking place right away so apply now to avoid disappointment.
For more information contact Emma Crabtree at D R Newitt.