Senior IT Support Engineer, Yorkshire
Sector: IT & Digital
Job type: Permanent
My client has just signed a new multi-million pound contract with a retailer and is looking for an Senior IT Support Engineer to lead the delivery of first line IT technical support to all users on the main company network at their new site in Sheffield.
They are ideally looking for someone from an E-commerce/ logistics/ supply chain/ distribution background with experience in WMS and JDA/ RedPrairie.
This is an immediate requirement and an exciting time to join due to the rapid expansion plans, the site currently employs 700 staff and plan to double this number by the end of the year. You’ll lead the IT team as well as take responsibility for the IT service delivery within the Sheffield site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide a point of interface for all aspects IT Service Management on site
- Act as a gate keeper function to ensure effective transition to Live of all new services with a fully developed end to end support structure to include: processes, KPI’s and SLA’s
- Process the procurement of IT hardware purchases in line with Central IT standards and policies
- Regularly review IT service delivery with Central IT and local providers, ensuring cost effectiveness and drive Continual Service Improvement
- Act as site interface for IT incident management communications
- Lead a team of site IT engineers to ensuring the successful delivery of day to day operations of on-site IT technologies, liaising with internal and external support teams as necessary
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications in line with Central IT standards and processes
- Provide technical support to telephone, email and face to face requests from site users
- Monitor and maintain site computer systems and networks
- Diagnose and solve hardware / software faults
- Support the rollout of new applications
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users, prioritising tasks according to business need
- Monitor and improve the provision of management reports by means of bespoke and generic MIS through ongoing development and understanding of Microsoft Office and WMS applications
- To analyse data and provide insight to several business areas
- To undertake H&S duties commensurate with the post
- To undertake all other tasks as reasonably requested by management
Nature and Scope
- Single site responsibility (Sheffield)
- Internal communication with Senior management team and all site users
- Internal communication with Central IT Support Function
- External communication with site customer
- Use and knowledge of WMS, SQL Server Administration and Microsoft Technologies
- Leadership of small IT team
- Experience of working in a Service Delivery role
- Proven track record in IT support for professionalism and efficiency
- Strong experience in the use, support and trouble-shooting of Microsoft technologies
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to summarise lots of complex information and present in a business friendly format.
- Understanding of WMSs
- Appropriate qualification in Microsoft Support
- Customer facing experience preferable
This is an immediate requirement with interviews taking place in the next couple of weeks so don't miss out and send you CV for immediate attention to Emma Crabtree.