Infrastructure Engineer, Central Scotland
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
A manufacturing company just outside Glasgow have an immediate requirement for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their small IT team.
The Infrastructure Engineer will assist in the effective running of the IT department, in particular relating to infrastructure-related tasks and projects, as well as other solutions affected by and/or integrating with such systems.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Microsoft Windows Server technology (Windows 2008R2, 2012R2)
- Management and administration VMware vSphere 6.x
- Management and administration of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Management and administration of DFS and ADFS
- Group policy administration
- Experience of Office 365
- Solid knowledge of Cisco network switches
- Management and governance of 3rd parties and suppliers
- Patch Management / Windows Software Update Services
- 3rd line support
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS & AZURE)
- Experience with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Related Microsoft qualification MCSA·
- Cisco Certification CCNA
- HND / Degree in related subject
To be successful in this position you must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the IT sector. Excellent communication skills, time management and analytical and problem solving skills are essential. You must be a confident self-starter with open and clear communication and influencing skills as the job will entail lots of interaction with members of the team and with external suppliers. An ability to form and maintain strong business relationships is crucial.
Due to the nature of this role you will be expected to be flexible with your time and standard duties, including occasional international travel. You will at times be required to participate on an ‘on call’ rota of out of hours critical IT support provision, and provide IT support outside of usual contracted hours as a response to business critical events. It may be a requirement to work irregular or extended hours, on an ad hoc basis, to minimise risk and/or disruption to the business during periods of significant change or project delivery.
***This is an excellent opportunity to join an international company with a family feel. Interviews are taking place right away so send your CV across now for consideration in order not to miss out.***