Our client, a leading UK producer in the food industry, has informed us of a new opening. They’re looking for a Development Technologist which reports to the Product & Process Development Manager, working in the Development & Technical Department. This will be located at the site in Greater Glasgow. This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to join a notable, well-established brand, with distinct progression routes.
Purpose of Job:
Work within the product and process development team in the development and launch process of new products & packaging and improvements to current products, processes and packaging. Complete the approval process for new ingredients and suppliers. Complete product specifications and QAS documents and support the technical department in the completion of internal audits.
• Sourcing new Raw & Packaging Materials from new or current suppliers
• Carry out Supplier Approval audits & approval for new and current suppliers of Raw Materials & Packaging
• Conducting line trial assessments of Raw Materials & Packaging in production
• Attending production trials and launches for products containing new raw materials & packaging
• Obtain commercials for new raw materials & packaging from suppliers
• Ensure new Raw Materials & Packaging are approved in line with the current approval system and obtaining the relevant documentation from suppliers
• Complete Threat & Vulnerability Assessments of new and current raw material & packaging supply chains
• Complete finished product specifications for all customers via relevant portals
• Create process/ recipe control documents for new products
• Create test kitchen recipes and upscale recipes for production trials. This will include producing hand kitchen samples and production trialsamples, completing all of the associated sample submission forms and all relevant documentation
• Complete shelf-life analysis for all new products
• Take control of the factory floor specifications by logging; checking and issuing new and revised factory floor specifications
• Approve artworks for brand and customers via relevant portals
• Complete QAS documentation for new products
• Carry out internal audits where required
• Approve the first delivery of new packaging to the site and provide approved samples for subsequent QA checks at Goods In
• Assist with internal technical audits and customer visits
• Assist the Product and Process Development Manager in any other tasks required by the department.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge:
• Qualified to degree level in food related discipline or relevant experience
• Knowledge of customer own label product specification systems
• Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft including word and excel
What’s on Offer?
• Salary – £28,000
• Monday to Friday workdays
• Company benifits