Shift: Monday-Friday / 08:00-16:30 / 40 Hour week
My client is a industry leading manufacturer supplying drink machinery to the hospitality industry. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitable candidate to join the NPD and engineering department in the role of Development & Compliance Engineer within this well established and continually expanding business.
Position would also suit someone who has recently completed an Engineering qualification or is working towards completion, looking to progress and grow. Further development/ training opportunities will be given to the right candidate.
Brief Job Description
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Development Engineers and must have a background in relevant fields and have proven experience. You must be astute and focussed with fast analytical mind. Excellent communicator and able to work under pressure. You must have good knowledge of safety standards and proven practical knowledge of refrigeration systems. The experienced development technician will provide support to the Design and Development arm of the business as well as supporting Production.
• Help develop and build new systems, processes, and methods to ensure cost effective integration of new products and the improvement of existing ones.
• Analysing risk and keeping TPM’s up to date.
• Preparing and maintaining the workshop, test equipment, calibration.
• Ensure product and process quality meets specifications.
• Conduct benchmarking studies to determine performance / best practices / designs and future failure points.
• Compile reports and analysis from product testing.
• Undertake conformance activities, such as leak simulation testing etc.
• Ensure compliance to BS EN 60335 and other relevant standards and directives – ensuring product safety standards.
• Carry out perpetual Inventory of engineering parts ensuring parts are controlled in accordance with stock holding guidelines.
• Assist operations to investigate production and process issues and provide technical support and training where needed.
• Assist the development engineers with overall smooth running of the workshop environment
• Qualified to work with hydrocarbon refrigerants. Preferred but not essential
• Relevant manufacturing / engineering experience. Preferred.
• Good electrical and mechanical knowledge. Essential
• Ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
• Creative thinker and strong problem solving skills
• Great team member with a flexible working approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications
• Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
• Good level of understanding of quality control systems, workflow management and risk analysis.
• Has knowledge of working to directives and standards ensuring product safety.
• Confident in attending meetings at different levels of the business.
• Desire to learn and develop.
Reference ID: PC0046