Laboratory Manager, North West England
Sector: New Product Development
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
I'm recruiting for a Lab Manager to join a highly successful and rapidly growing contract manufacturer of Personal, Home and Pet care products based in the North West.
My client is a leading supplier of Personal care products in the UK. Working with major clients, they've built a fantastic reputation within the industry for their fast-turnover and high-quality products. Having tippled their profits in just 1 year, they're expanding the Personal Care team to help ensure their high standards never drop.
You will be managing the lab with 2, soon to be 4, direct reports. It will be your responsibility to ensure the successful development of a high volume of Personal Care projects for their major clients. You will be leading the process from concept to commercialization, ensuring all regulatory standards are being met.
- Lead and manage the daily activities of the Development Chemist team, supporting their ongoing professional development.
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in formulation, fragrance and new ingredients; use your established network of suppliers and contacts to inform product development.
- Develop new formulations to brief; produce formulations which match stated benchmarks, claims and regulatory requirements either as a new, new formulation or building from the company's existing product portfolio.
- Attend NPD meetings; accountable for updating on workstream actions; managing risks, issues and developing workstream plans with the team.
- Organize external stability, preservative, claims testing and CPSR’s for all development products and maintain appropriate records.
- Support customers with product accreditation applications.
- Review alternative raw materials for use in production.
- Write method of manufacture for bulk products and liase with manufacturing/support resolving issues.
- Carry out COSHH assessments on all chemicals and maintain appropriate records.
To be successful in the role, the Laboratory Manager must have a strong technical background in cosmetic product formulation development, testing and working knowledge of the EU Cosmetics Directive to deliver their own projects as well as strong management skills to lead their team.
Salary is £40-45k, with plenty of wriggle room for the right candidate.
We are wanting to move quickly on this one, if it could be of interested please do not delay in getting in touch. Apply here on our website or send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, pop me a call on 0161 833 0181.