Development Account Manager, Central Scotland
Sector: New Product Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturing business. They are a leader in their category and they have an excellent reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. The business has been growing steadily over the last few years, making a few very clever acquisitions along the way.
They are looking to continue growing and need to add to their Product Development team with a Development Account Manager.
To develop NPD and EPD products in line with business commercial targets and market trends, managing the critical path from concept through to launch. To support cost reduction work and ‘Blue Sky’ innovation.
• Innovates new products and process for the business to: -
Maintain and extend current categories & to deliver new products and processes outside the current ranges
• To manage, motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve personal development and continual improvement.
• Manage focused development of new products to deliver the budgeted margin for specific product categories.
• Understands the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us jointly continually ahead of our competition.
• Presents facts and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve effective communication across all functions and customers.
• Embraces the principles of category management to gain a true understanding of the wants and needs of the consumer.
• For specific product categories, plans, organises and controls resources to deliver new product development concepts to an agreed quality and timescale.
• Monitors product quality of existing and new products in the business and ensure that the development manager agrees an action plan.
• To provide development support to the development manager.
• Degree preferred Food science / technology or similar degree / HND equivalent or relevant experience
• At least three years’ experience working in a similar role within the food industry
• Knowledge and passion for Food
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer literate – computer skills and knowledge of word and excel systems
• Driving license
• Basic or above Food hygiene
• Ability to work closely with other departments including, Marketing, Commercial, Operations, NPD, Technical, Purchasing and Engineering.
• Ability to liaise and build relationships with external suppliers.
What’s on offer?
A highly competitive salary according to individual skills and previous experience.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.