Despatch Supervisor, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
On Behalf of our client, a successful FMCG business based in Kent, we are looking for a Despatch Supervisor to prioritize tasks daily with the Warehouse and site services operator, meeting production and despatch requirements in an effective and timely manner, and to supply all areas of production with the relevant raw materials to ensure that all deliveries are prepared, booked off and loaded on time.
• Manage, monitor and support the members of your team, including the monitoring and allocating of holiday requests ensuring that the business needs are taken into account before agreeing to such a request.
• Coordinate each day’s activities.
• Check all goods in and despatch items to ensure paperwork is correct prior to booking on to FactoryMaster.
• Liaise with the Production Team Leaders on items that would be ‘load and go’.
• Liaise with the Scheduler and Production Clerk regarding any lorry times/issues/changes that you would be aware of.
• Complete all goods in and despatch transactions on FactoryMaster.
• Maintain and carry out pre-operational checks on fork lift trucks and report and concerns to the Production Manager.
• Attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Carry out other functions to assist the Production Manager where applicable.
• Routinely inspect and manage chillers, freezers and other storage areas to maintain correct storage of materials
• Carryout required stock movement duties in line with Factory Master requirements
• Communicate with customers to organise the timely recovery of returnable packaging from suppliers
• Deliver daily production ingredients ‘Pick List’ on time in full daily
• Address any Health and Safety issues and attend weekly H&S meeting
• Ideally hold a fork lift truck licence.
• Have a basic understanding of the role and be able to get up to the required standard quickly and effectively.
• Knowledge of Factory Master is desirable (additional training would be given).
• Hold a current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
What’s on Offer?
• Circa £22,500K Salary
• Flexible shift patterns