Deputy Production Manager, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
Reporting into the Production Manager:
To organise and manage the production area, supervise production schedules, ensure products are not over stocked and budgets are maintained.
To achieve this, manage the day to day operations of the area, processes, and systems. To ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerised administration and automated storage and retrieval systems. To ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met. To manage Line Supervisors, teams of workers and deal with personnel issues such as the training and discipline of staff. To oversee the activity.
• To effectively manage all operations within the specified section to ensure KPI’s targets and business objectives are met.
• You will be highly organised and a planner with the ability to schedule current and future requirements effectively to meet the needs of the business especially at peak supply times
• With outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll develop the team, build confidence, ensuring strong credibility of your Department
• Utilising your knowledge of production, you’ll be able to ensure tight stock control, make continuous improvements under the principals of lean manufacturing and ensure 100% customer service
• To ensure operations are conducted in compliance with customer specifications, whilst meeting cost, quality, productivity and H&S Targets.
• To ensure the adherence to Food Standards legislation at all times.
• Implementation of new strategies with the support of senior management
• Implement and review continuous improvement initiatives to minimise downtime.
• Ensure that accurate and detailed records are logged shared with site management team in accordance with site ‘hand-over’ procedure.
• Planning and organising production schedules
• Meeting production deadlines
• Overseeing production processes
• Assessing project/resource requirements
• Managing with Technical Department compliance with HACCP
• To organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
• Liaising with marketing and sales staff
• To deal with and handle day to day Human Resource issues with employees
• Using range of office software, including email, various Microsoft programs and bespoke software
• Organising and chairing meetings with Supervisors
• Delegating work to staff and managing their work load and output
• Promoting staff development and training
• Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy
• Holding meetings with senior management to review performance
• To attend management meetings to discuss Company Policies and strategic developments
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints
• Reviewing health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed
• Attending training
• Ensure consistency in the application of the companies disciplinary, grievance and absence procedures
• Ensure appraisals and reviews are carried out with staff
• Continually look to develop staff within the section to ensure that staff are fully utilising their skills
• Develop and review good working practices, SOP’s and SWP’s in accordance to the company's policies
• Ensure compliance with the company's Equal Opportunity Policy, Recruitment and Development and the Management of Employees
• To coach and develop staff to improve individual and section performance
• To ensure the appropriate delegation of tasks within the section
• To ensure that the staffing levels are within the establishment and that resource is effectively utilised
• To actively promote a customer focused environment
You will have a proven track record leading a sizeable workforce in production within Food Manufacturing. You will have excellent communication skills.
Monday – Friday
28 Days Holiday
Pension 5%, 3% Government Standard
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.