Specification Technologist & Technical Compliance Officer
• Have had previous experience working within a food manufacturing or food service environment and have sound working knowledge of Food Law including, allergen management and legal labelling requirements for different types of food and drink products.
• Understand the supplier approval process, specifications and have managed supplier databases. Supplier approval knowledge would be preferred.
• Retailer specification knowledge is required
• Degree educated or equivalent in Food Technology, Level 2 HACCP, internal auditor qualifications preferred but not required.
• TACCP and VACCP knowledge and experience.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Complete product specifications, external and internal, using customer portals where required
• Compile any additional information to be attached to specifications, risk assessment, nutrition, micro, packaging, etc
• Attend project meetings to then liaise with the rest of the department
• Supplier approval of new and existing raw material
• Upkeep of supplier raw material database, risk assessments, VACCP TACCP
• Leading VACCP & TACCP
• Undertaking project work to support continued development
• Attending to product launches
• Hygiene inspections
• Internal audits
• A great collaborator with good communication skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with great attention to detail
• Organised and proactive at planning and prioritising different tasks
• A self-starter using own initiative
• Able to analyse date and problem solve
• Flexible on your approach and adaptable to change
• Market Leader in their products and sector
• Company pension *6% employer contribution (*subject to contract)
• 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
• Company sick pay
• 4 x Death in Service
• Wellbeing initiatives – £25 towards eye tests, £90 contribution to prescription lenses, free legal and financial helpline and mental health support, virtual
Please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.