Technical Assistant, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
• Supporting the Technical Manager
• Managing BRC System.
• Maintaining the Quality Manual ensuring regular reviews and updating when required.
• Managing quality procedure changes.
• Internal auditing, managing internal audit schedules and inspections by QA team.
• Coordinating and carrying out traceability audits, system audits.
• Member of the HACCP team, undertaking HACCP reviews and HACCP audits.
• Management of the Vulnerability Assessment aspect of the Food Safety Management Plan.
• Maintaining product & packaging specifications, undertaking regular specification reviews.
• Issuing new specifications.
• Working with NPD development contractors to manage product recipes.
• Assisting with factory trials.
• Assisting with supplier approval, performance monitoring and supplier certification.
• Liaising with procurement team regarding new supplier approvals, monitoring of suppliers regarding responses to non-conformances and complaints.
• Maintaining schedules for glass and hard plastic inspections by the QA team, following up repairs/replacements required with department heads.
• Assisting the Technical Manager with coordinating the monthly technical meetings and held stock meetings including minute taking.
• Completion of specifications for customers.
• Customer complaints trending
• Ideally you will have a Food science degree or equivalent.
• Ideally you will have an Internal auditing qualification.
• Minimum 3-year experience in food manufacturing environment.
• Practical experience of BRC audit and managing QMS/BRC system.
What’s on Offer?
• A competitive salary range up to £30,000 depending on experience
• Working Monday – Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like more information please call Cassi Henderson at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060.