Technical Manager, Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Manager role on behalf of a client who are well established in the food industry.
• Customer Management – the role of Technical Manager is the key site contact with Retailers
• Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality System for the site.
• To assist in ensuring that the requirements of the Food Safety and Quality Policy are continually met.
• To ensure that all products are manufactured to agreed specifications and under safe and hygienic conditions.
• To ensure that defined Microbiological Standards and tests are in place and procedures implemented to meet those standards and so ensure product safety.
• To ensure that packaging is maintained according to specification.
• To liaise with all departments and managements over product quality matter.
• To liaise on quality problems and ensure that timely and effective corrective and preventative action is identified and undertaken on product and process by relevant personnel.
• To review and approve all quality documentation.
• To establish and approve Product Quality Standards, acceptance and rejection criteria, e.g. Acceptable Physical Samples, Photographs, etc.
• To coordinate Resources and Personnel and make arrangements for Customer and Third-Party audit Visits.
• Ideally you should have experience in effectively managing Retailer technical relationship. Ideally Tesco.
• Ideally you will have experience working in a chilled or frozen sector.
What’s on Offer?
• A competitive salary range of £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
• Working Monday to Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like more information please call Cassi Henderson at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060.