Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a QA Technician on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
• Ensure compliance with British Retail Consortium (BRC) and customer specific standards are met at all times.
• Working with the Production Team to establish and maintain procedures and standards.
• Completion of regular quality reports.
• Conducting internal audits, including auditing products to ensure adherence to specification, swabs, micros, water tests, GMP audits, lockers, glass and plastic audits.
• To actively promote good manufacturing practices.
• To ensure monitoring equipment is calibrated with accordance to schedule and calibration records are retained.
• To conduct product assessment on finished products against quality attributes to ensure compliance to finished product specification.
• To conduct QA line checks on finished product to ensure all labelling information and date coding is correct and meets legal requirements and shelf life.
• To immediately report any product or process found to be out of specification. Control and document any non-conformances with accordance to company procedure.
• To assist in identification of root cause of non-conformity/complaints and implementation of corrective actions.
• To contribute towards trouble shooting & problem solving within the factory.
• To ensure all related paperwork is completed and documented with accordance to company standard; legible, retained and retrievable.
• To assist the implementation of company QMS process and procedures in the factory.
• To assist Production in maintaining hygienic practices & procedures.
• Compiling Product Manuals and labelling information for all products for effective launch.
• To assist in quality testing of raw materials, end products and packaging materials.
• To carry out cleaning verification and validation to support the EMP.
• Level 3 in food hygiene
• Level 2/3 in HACCP
• EMP knowledge
• QMS knowledge
• BRC food manufacturing awareness
• Complaint handling
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary of £30,000 + 5% bonus scheme
• Working a rotating shift pattern
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please get in touch on 0131 2260 5060 ASAP and send a up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com