Technical Manager, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Manager on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
• Management of Technical, QA, and Hygiene departments.
• Legislative and regulatory affairs relating to company activities. (FSA / FDA / EHO / Campden BRI etc.
• Maintenance of customer technical portals e.g. Tesco, J. Sainsbury, Qadex etc.
• New product / process introduction from specifications, pre-production trials, and process data.
• Continuous improvement of Quality Management System based on HACCP risk assessments using industry best practice, BRC, Third Party / legislative requirements / recommendations.
• Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
• Provide Technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of Technical Issues.
• Providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and Audits, providing information required and implementing corrective action where necessary (Management of next steps) and completion of response reports.
• Ideally you will have experience working in a similar role and hold a food related degree.
• HACCP, Level 3 or above
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Decisive, pro-active and assertive
• Internal & External customer focus.
• Innovative and creative
What’s on Offer?
• A competitive salary range of £45,000 - £50,000 working Monday to Friday office hours.
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please get in touch on 0131 2260 5060 ASAP and send a up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com