Technical Manager, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Manager on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
• Quality Assurance – to determine product safety, legality and quality standards. Design the systems and procedures for achieving those standards. Establish the procedures for measuring performance against the standards. Monitor adherence to procedures and checks performance against the standards. Ensure quick and effective response to problems. Drive continuous performance improvement.
• Hygiene – To determine product safety, legality and define the standards. Define the methods, materials, schedules and responsibilities for achieving the standards. Establish the procedures for measuring adherence to hygiene procedures and standards. Monitor performance against standards. Ensure quick and effective response to problems. Drive continuous performance improvement.
• Process Development – To define standard manufacturing methods and procedures for existing and new processes. Define process parameters. Specify performance characteristics for plant and equipment. Drive continuous performance improvement.
• Customer Liaison – To represent the Technical Function for the site and senior representative of customer businesses and other external agencies. Align internal standards and strategy with customer expectations. Promote integrity and competence in the achievement of these standards. Set and ensure delivery of necessary standards of customer care and problem solving.
• To maintain good customer relations ensuring that technical needs and wants are fully satisfied and that all audits are fully prepared for and any follow up actions are achieved within the required timescale.
• To ensure that technical standards are upheld and performances communicated throughout the company. Assist in the formulation of strategic direction, company policies as well as participation in the management of the company.
• People Management – To determine the job designs and structures required to achieve objectives. Select, train and develop team members to achieve required standards. Direct, motivate and control team members to deliver required outputs. Influence peers and superiors to establish and achieve necessary standards.
• Ideally you be degree qualified in a food related discipline
• It is essential that you come from a high-risk food to go background.
• You will have experience working in a similar role and have previous Technical Management experience.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary range of £50,000 to £60,000 working Monday to Friday office hours.
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please contact Cassi Henderson on 0131 226 5060 and send a up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com