Quality Control Technician, South East England
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Graduate QC Technologist on behalf of a client who are well established in the food industry.
• Planning own work efficiently so that it is carried out in the shortest possible time, consistent with priorities set by the Quality Manager.
• Ensuring all necessary resources are available, e.g. glassware, equipment, test methods and chemicals, and maintaining suitable stocks.
• Carrying out all quality tests in strict accordance with Quality Control test methods and procedures.
• Ensuring all results obtained from analyses are thoroughly checked against the specification.
• Re-sampling and retesting materials /finished products where any result deviates from specification, to confirm results
• Where a product does not conform to its specification, communicating this to the relevant parties, together with any necessary corrective or other action to be taken.
• Record all test results and any additional data or comments and store the data in an easily accessible and referenced manner.
• Releasing Finished products and Raw materials on the AX system in good time.
• Completed Environmental monitoring program to meet requirements in Quality Management System.
• Managing the process of supplier approval and new raw material approvals
• Ensure all paperwork and samples are correctly filed away in a timely manner
• Aid the Compliance Manager in the investigation of customer complaint
• It is essential that you hold a food related Degree in Food Science or similar
• Ideally you will have completed a 6 month to a year placement
What’s on Offer?
• My client is offering a competitive salary of £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
• Working Monday to Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please get in touch on 0131 226 5060 and send a up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com