Technical Services Technologist, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Services Technologist vacancy on behalf of a client who are well established in the food industry.
• Be responsible for finished product specifications, ensuring these are generated in approved formats for all customers including retailer-based specifications, to agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation.
• Complete all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
• Ensure timely review of all finished product specifications.
• Work closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply Base.
• Assist as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Gather required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers, ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
• Assist in third party visits and audits, participate in the company internal audit programme and provide support within the Technical Department
• Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a food science relevant discipline
• Knowledge of food legislation and labelling would be an advantage
• Conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary up to £28,000 depending on experience
• Working Monday to Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like more information please call Cassi Henderson @ DR Newitt recruitment on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV to Cassi@drnewitt.com