Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for a QA Technician on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
• To carry out all practical work relating to Quality Control.
• To carry out testing of ingredients and finished products sampled by, or submitted to Quality Control, making optimum use of materials and equipment so as to carry out work efficiently, accurately and safely.
• To release ingredients and finished products once compliance with all quality and food safety criteria has been confirmed.
• Planning own work efficiently so that it is carried out in the shortest possible time, consistent with priorities set by the Quality Manager.
• Ensuring all necessary resources are available, e.g. glassware, equipment, test methods and chemicals, and maintaining suitable stocks.
• Carrying out all quality tests in strict accordance with Quality Control test methods and procedures.
• Ensuring all results obtained from analyses are thoroughly checked against the specification.
• Re-sampling and retesting materials /finished products where any result deviates from specification, to confirm results
• Where a product does not conform to its specification, communicating this to the relevant parties, together with any necessary corrective or other action to be taken.
• Record all test results and any additional data or comments and store the data in an easily accessible and referenced manner.
• Ideally you will be degree qualitied in a food related discipline
• Understanding of the role of Quality in the food Industry
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Team working and communication skills
What’s on Offer?
• A competitive salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
• Working Monday – Friday office hours
If the above role could be of interest and you would like to find out more please call Cassi at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 and send your up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com