Warehouse Operative, South West England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a fantastic FMCG business in Andover, are looking to add to the Warehouse team during a crucial period of business growth
*Note there is an option for double days or Nightshift*
• Administers and operates the organisation's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment
• Accounts for all materials and supplies in the stores facilities; audits goods received into warehouse
• Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures
• Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space
• Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilisation, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment
• Transports merchandise using a Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) to designated locations within the warehouse, which may include loading, unloading and order picking
• To ensure products manufactured are safe, legal and comply to customer's quality standards
• Overall responsibility of warehouse deliverables including; performance, compliance and effectiveness.
• Promote and encourage our culture and Great Leader Drivers (GLDs) to help operate a positive working environment.
• Manage warehouse KPI’s.
• AX D365 subject matter expert.
• Develop warehouse team multi-skilling and oversee effective training and records.
• Lead member in continuous improvement programmes including identification of issues and solution providing.
• Responsible for accurate and timely order confirmation, goods receipting and dispatch.
• Ensure effective communication with Warehouse Shift Manager to keep them informed, highlighting any issues or problems as they arise. .
• Conduct effective shift handovers.
• Ensure orders are picked accurately and in a timely manner to meet internal and external customer requirements.
• Understand and affect company KPIs.
• Ensure product quality against defined standards.
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed to meet legal requirements and that relevant systems are maintained including; Traceability, Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, ERP.
• Ensure all products are delivered in a safe and timely manner to agreed specification.
• Ensure MHE is used correctly within specification and technical requirement.
• Ensure minimum wastage with safe and efficient operation of MHE.
• Ensure correct labelling to meet internal and external customer requirements e.g. traceability and date coding.
• Mechanical Handling Equipment experience
• Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Licence and experience; Bendi & Counterbalance
• Numerical and methodical working practices
• Working with People
• Relating and Networking
• Planning and Organizing
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Following instructions and procedures
• Adapting and responding to change
• Coping with pressures and setback
What’s on Offer?
• Circa £23,000 + shift allowance & Benefits
• Potential to grow and develop in the role and within the Company
To be considered for this role please apply with your CV today