Supply Chain Planner
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South West Scotland
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Planner to join a fantastic FMCG company in Hampshire
As an experienced Supply Chain Planner you will be responsible for all areas of Supply Chain planning including material planning, production planning and scheduling, inventory management, forecast creation and improvement.
• Collaborative demand forecast creation and monitoring to ensure reflects reality to enable planning.
• Supplier forecasting and monitoring to drive improved availability and performance.
• Collaborative planning with Suppliers and Customers to drive out cost and improve overall performance.
• Complete Material Resource Planning (MRP) and Master Production Scheduling (MPS) to fulfil Customer demand, maximising output to available capacity and in accordance with Supply Chain policy/strategy.
• Monitor and manage KPIs including conducting root cause analysis to drive continuous improvement.
• Ensure attainment to plan is reviewed and proactively amend the production plan as required to protect Customer Service level.
• Manage and maintain accurate data and system parameters within the ERP system to reflect reality and optimise use.
• Conduct system interrogation and data analysis to enable and inform recommendations and decision making.
• Maximise factory utilisation and production stability while managing inventory levels and obsolescence in accordance with the Supply Chain strategy and Supplier agreements.
• Schedule availability of materials with Suppliers, considering Supply Chain constraints.
• Lead first level Supplier performance management and develop joint action plans to drive improvements in supply reliability. Escalate poor Supplier performance to the Procurement team.
• Investigate and resolve invoice queries, as appropriate.
• Manage the return of reject stock to Suppliers.
• Support C2L programme, track launch requirements, communicate risks and work with Suppliers to ensure critical path adherence.
• Lead the implementation of new or replacement products. Managing phase in / phase out dates with Customers and Suppliers to minimise liability.
• Provide liability projections in the discontinuation process. Provide evidence for excess stock destruction including “aged stock” held by Suppliers.
• Negotiate with Suppliers to reduce lead times / MOQs where appropriate.
• Import of food stuffs. Arrange air and sea freight (including customs clearance) with various shipping agents. Confirm and set up commodity codes of all products sold.
• MRP scorecard. Metrics leveraged to drive behaviour.
• Perform and communicate integrated business planning activities that will drive business decision.
• Evaluate risks and opportunities identified in the demand plan on impact to capacity utilization, Supply Chain costs and ability to meet demand.
• Complete scenario planning to assess if supply can meet demand
• FMCG background
• Thorough understanding of ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Experience of MRP, preferably AX Dynamics
• Supply Chain planning
• Inventory management
• Customer centric
• Food industry background
• Experience of working with 3PL
• Import of food stuffs
What’s on Offer?
• Competitive salary + Benefits
• Chance to play a key role in the Planning & Supply Chain team , at a brand new facility and crucial period in the business growth