Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner & Purchasing Manager to join a fantastic FMCG company in North London
Our client are looking for an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with the ability to work across the Supply Chain function, ensuring daily production requirements are achieved
• Produce an efficient 2-3 week rolling plan maintaining adequate stock levels to customers in line with agreed rules of engagement.
• Maintain correct stock profile to achieve target customer service level of 99.0%.
• Liaise with production shift managers daily ensuring most efficient running orders, minimising down times, CIPs, fat flushes and line changes.
• Input and conversion of daily production schedules into ERP system (Unity).
• Minimise and track changes to the plan.
• Communicate any changes to the plan to the factory and other interested departments.
• Liaise with Engineers regarding planned maintenance of machines
• Liaise with Procurement Planner/Scheduler to ensure 100% availability of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan.
• Host Planning Meeting (weekly) with all relevant attendees.
• Attend and contribute to any planning related meetings including suspended stock, new launches and demand meetings as requested.
• Maintain data integrity relating to unique parts
• Contribute and represent planning at the daily production tiered accountability meetings as required.
• Production of weekly planning KPI’s and Reports – feed into weekly S&OP / Business Planning meeting. Work with the team to provide consistent forms of reporting over all functions within the department.
• Liaise with Warehouse QA regarding short shelf life and slow moving stock to minimise any potential write offs and customer shortages due to short shelf life product.
• Produce a daily shortage report and communicate to all relevant departments.
• Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety
• Highlight and actively work on areas for improvement.
• Maintain good relationships across the business i.e. regularly reviewing stock profile with commercial department and highlighting any potential risks.
• Highlight any significant changes in demand/forecast to the Planning Manager.
• Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business
• Production Planning / Scheduling experience; or other relevant supply chain experience
• Highly numerate
• Systems literate – Microsoft: Excel; Word; PowerPoint ; Sage
• Excellent communicator – verbal and written
• Team player
• Self-starter – can work under own initiative
• Flexible and agile
• High level of personal organisation
• Attention to detail
• Food industry experience – ideal, but not essential
• Lives within 1 hour of site
• Min 2 years’ experience with a personal gravitas and inner strength to tackle and overcome the challenges of production supplier obstacles
• Instantly likeable and clearly understood and keen to be part of a young energetic team
• Manage with precision Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and calculate Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) in order to forecast daily capacity and efficiency planning (2 days in advance)
What’s on Offer?
• Salary Circa £35K + Benefits