Procurement Planner, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Buyer to join a fantastic, growing food business in West London
Our client are looking for an excellent communicator and multi-tasker, you will be responsible for coordinating the procurement and buying efforts of the company for the materials to produce the products, packaging, and all the added extras supplied to customers
You are dynamic, entrepreneurial and a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling start up! We’re looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running, bringing fresh ideas and enthusiasm to the current operations team and supply chain
• Manage the supply base of materials building strong relationships
• Confidently negotiate prices
• Provide collaborative support to help successful New Product launches; forecasting; delisting and sourcing of products.
• Capacity tracking and monitoring of availability for all materials
• Identify and execute contingency supply plans for materials
• Collaborative working with supply base to review contracts, SLAs and ways of working
• Working with the finance team and Head of Supply Chain to review pricing and budgeting for sourcing of materials
• Working closely with the operations team to deliver quality products to our customers through great sourcing and production planning
• Ideally some experience within operations & procurement
• Strong numerical skills
• Passionate and confident in relationship building with external suppliers
• Comfortable communicating with all levels of the business
• Loves problem solving & understands what the business needs - seeking out answers and proactively taking the necessary steps to achieve results
• Will ensure integrity of supply chain and commercial data
• Strong negotiator
• Pro-active and able to work autonomously
• Willing to embrace change and appreciate the dynamics of a fast-moving company and importance of working cross functionally
• Creative and brings an open-minded approach, always looking to improve
• Passion for start-ups, e-commerce
• Hunger to learn and continuously improve within the role/company
• Organised and have a keen attention to detail
What’s on Offer?
• Competitive salary & new MacBook Pro.
• 24 days holiday per year (pro-rated)
• Friday beers, monthly socials and quarterly offsite events.