Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join a fantastic FMCG company in Hertfordshire
Our client are looking for an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with the ability to work across the Supply Chain functions, ensuring daily production requirements are achieved
• Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation.
• Analyse and prepare documents needed for production.
• Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
• Provides support for purchasing and ensure we are purchasing the most efficient material from suppliers keeping costs down
• Creates production schedule and prioritises job-orders for production optimisation.
• Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
• Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
• Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
• Making sure planning and purchasing KPI’s are maintained and carry out trend analysis
• Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and accounting.
• Escalate complex issues to manager and help find resolution.
• Carry out any reasonable request as requested by any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role
• A minimum of one year of experience working with an MRP/ERP system
• A minimum of one year of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferably food.
• Experience of using planning and scheduling software e.g. Preactor or Orchestrate
• Able to use Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Intermediate or higher skill level in Excel
• Able to demonstrate initiative, decision making and self-motivation
• Used to working to key performance indicators
• Experience of producing electronic reports.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility within your role
• Good communication skills, committed to the coaching culture
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Able to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Exceptional numerical skills
• Experience of working in a planning role or similar
• Experience of lean manufacturing and root cause analysis
What’s on Offer?
• Salary Circa £30K + 25 days holiday, 6% pension contribution and private medical
• Excellent growth and progression opportunities