Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join a fantastic FMCG company in Berkshire
We are looking for a confident and detail oriented production planner to join the team. You will be an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with the ability to make sound decisions based on complex information
• Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times
• Produce a rolling 2 – 3 week plan for multiple production lines and SKUS
• Maintain adequate stock levels to customers in line with agreed ways of working
• Input and conversion of daily production schedules on Unity.
• Measure and minimise changes to the weekly production schedule.
• Liaise with Procurement Planner to ensure 100% availability of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan.
• Maintain correct stock profile to target customer service level of 99%.
• Host a weekly planning meeting with all relevant attendees.
• Represent planning at the daily production meetings as required.
• Effectively communicate any changes to the plan to the factory and other interested departments.
• Liaise with Engineers regarding planned maintenance of machines.
• Production of weekly KPI’s to include production volume vs plan, changes to production plan, customer service levels, and rework planned vs achieved.
• Liaise with Warehouse QA regarding short shelf life and slow moving stock to minimise any potential write offs and customer shortages due to short shelf life product.
• Produce a daily shortage report and communicate to all relevant departments.
• Maintain good relationships within the business regularly reviewing stock profile with commercial department and highlighting any potential risks.
• Attend weekly new launch meeting and highlight any risk to meeting launch.
• Experience working in the food industry in a planning role is highly desirable
• Excellent knowledge of ERP systems.
• Good knowledge of the Planning and supply chain process
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work well on your own initiative and highly motivated.
• Excellent communication skills.
What’s on Offer?
• Salary Circa £32K + 31 days holiday, pension and life assurance