Supply Chain Manager, Northern Ireland
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: Northern Ireland
Job type: Permanent
Our client are an established FMCG business based south of Belfast, we have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join the company during a crucial period of growth
The responsibilities will include, the application of all Safe working practices, driving all Supply Chain projects and programs to ensure the department is providing the best solution to the business at an optimal cost. The role includes incoming and outgoing logistics, on site stock management, external/off site stock management and storage and engineering stock/stores
• Provide a dynamic environment and structure in which employees can work safely and effectively.
• Manage all logistics operational functions including inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, with additional oversight for order processing.
• Implementation of departmental metrics and reporting
• Integration with the Purchasing Team to select and manage suppliers, order profiles and acceptable stocks levels
• Reducing floor space related to the storage of material whilst not affecting uptime, this will include raw material and WIP
• Operator Pick Rates & performance management through management team
• Ensure logistics cover and timely resolution of concerns for a flexible manufacturing organisation
• Manage the storage and distribution of all Christmas Production (including strategic frozen storage and up-tempering)
• Assume responsibility for both short and long-term planning of the production areas, holding the relevant department accountable for achievement to plan
• Packaging loop, ensuring through control methods that there is a sufficient provision
• Cross functional working
• Headcount & succession planning
• Educated to third level, and qualification in Logistics or Supply Chain management
• 3 – 5 years previous experience in a Supply Chain related management position, including health and hygiene products, food and beverage, consumer-end pharmaceutical production, or other consumer-end specialty chemical production.
• People Management Experience.
• Excellent project and programme management skills in Supply Chain
• An excellent understanding and appreciation of an ‘end to end’ supply chain
• Proven ‘Safety First’ approach
• Previous experience of TPM manufacturing environments would be an advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment
• Health and Safety qualification
• CIPS Qualification
What’s on Offer?
• Very attractive salary + Benefits
• Chance to lead and develop the Supply Chain function for a very successful food business