Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
On behalf of our client, a highly successful FMCG business in Central London, we are recruiting for a Lead Buyer to join the team during a key period in the company’s growth
The role will suit a strong negotiator with proven procurement experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Responsible for overseeing the sourcing and procurement of ingredients, packaging and indirect suppliers
• Negotiations, Contract agreement, monitoring price performance and continually looking for alternative suppliers and products in conjunction with the NPD team
• Streamline work for Purchase Assistants and supervise their performance.
• Liaise with the Production plant and its managers to be able to provide the right product at the right time.
• Using Sage 200 for purchasing, MRP and reporting
• Overall responsibility of the Goods-in facility including Receipt of goods. Ensuring quality and specifications are maintained. Storage, wastage controls and disposal of waste
• A team player with strong leadership qualities who can build rapport and trust with all colleagues.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism, establish credibility and relate well with clients, peers and team members alike.
• Select suppliers on merit according to the type of product and quality of output and service, and the possibility of partnership.
• Negotiate contracts that include costs, warranties, delivery, handling, and penalties for late delivering or cost overruns
• Actively listen to others, be inclusive and demonstrate understanding of different points of view.
• Create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services.
• A minimum 3 years previous experience as a buyer in the food or foodservice industry is essential.
• Experience in travel catering and/or FMCG is desirable
• To be Hygiene trained + Food safety Level 1or 2 and HACCP trained
What’s on Offer?
• Attractive Salary + Benefits
• The chance to make a huge impact in a continually improving Procurement function