Transport & Logistics Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a very successful food manufacturer business based in Fife
We are looking to appoint an experienced Transport & Logistics Manager to join the team and drive performance across despatch and transport whilst also contributing to the wider business’ performance. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to develop the operation in a growing and successful business working to demanding deadlines every day
*Please Note this is a Nightshift position*
• Strategically plan and manage logistics: Packing, distribution and fleet management out to our shops.
• Ensure the department delivers excellent customer service to the shops.
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Keep track of quality, performance, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Manage the day-to-day running of the despatch and transport teams
• Liaise with Bakery and Retail teams, to ensure on time despatch and delivery.
• Manage, coach and train staff for optimum performance and skills,
• Develop, maintain and analyse KPI data to assess performance and drive improvements
• Responsible for complying with transport laws & safety regulations
Key Skills & Experience:
• Proven working experience as a Transport or Logistics Manager/Head of Department.
• Record of successful transport and logistics management
• Demonstrable ability to lead, develop and manage staff
• Proficient in standard logistics software as well as word & excel
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• A suitable qualification in business, logistics or supply chain preferred
• Clean driving licence essential.
• Experience of working in the food industry would be beneficial.
• HGV qualified driver experience and Operators licence preferred but not essential