Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
On behalf of our client one of the leading and fastest growing FMCG wholesalers and exporters in the United Kingdom, we are looking for a Category Buyer to join the business during a crucial period of growth
You will be responsible for sourcing the products for resale from within the UK and internationally whilst improving the sales and margins by ensuring maximum availability and better net pricing to maintain our competitive advantage through negotiating better terms with existing suppliers and finding new supply chains.
• Maintaining maximum availability across the categories.
• Building long term profitable relationships with new and existing suppliers.
• Negotiating with Brand owners to represent them in export markets.
• Ensuring purchase prices are the best possible in the market.
• Implementing correct pricing.
• Sourcing products for growth areas.
• Negotiating and implementing promotional plans.
• Maximizing the benefits from supplier promotions through correct buying strategies.
• Managing and ensuring supplier retro payments.
• Negotiating better pricing and terms with suppliers.
• Finding new and better suppliers.
• Trading with wholesalers and distributors in the UK and internationally.
• Identifying and developing new categories and sales opportunities
• At least two years buying experience as an Alcohol Buyer with proven success.
• A good working knowledge and experience in ON Trade sector
• Experience in trading in grey market.
• Experience in recruiting, managing and motivating people.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Self-motivated, committed, highly organized and efficient.
• IT literate.
• Passion and drive to succeed.
What’s on Offer?
• Chance to make a huge impact during a key period of expansion for the business
• A senior level buying role with very attractive Salary + Benefits