Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
On behalf of our client, a highly successful FMCG business in Central London, we are recruiting for a Category Buyer to join the Procurement team
This is an exciting opportunity to join the business during a crucial period of growth
• Buying responsibilities for a selection of categories
• Responsible for managing food inflation, through negotiation and new sourcing opportunities.
• Deliver the successful negotiation and completion of contracts suitable for each category with clear KPIs identified to drive and deliver business and cost efficiencies across the Group
• Deliver compliance of contract terms through engagement and commitment of stakeholders and the senior management team
• Be involved in the new menu development process
• Manage multiple projects –short, medium and long term
• Revenue and food cost budgeting required
• Advise the business on key food developments; macro-economic and environmental risk factors and new product and process developments
• Highly numerate, IT literate and analytical.
• Strategic and problem solver.
• Strong communication skills.
• Flexible to changing working priorities.
• Confident to challenge standard ways of purchasing.
• Ability to multi-task
• Full driving licence
• Graduate Calibre.
• Preferably CIPS qualified.
• Food purchasing experience, various categories
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proven track record of strategic purchasing / category management.
What’s on Offer?
• Salary £35,000- £40,000 + Benefits