Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
On behalf of our client, a highly successful FMCG business in Somerset, we are recruiting for a Category Buyer to join the Procurement team
• To manage the buying process for your nominated categories including strategic direction and supplier selection.
• Negotiate price and service and monitor supplier quality and service- feedback as appropriate.
• Operation of the procurement process for your nominated categories (including forecasting, order placement and follow-up and negotiating best delivery terms.
• Network with contacts in the business to ensure that priorities are clear and commercial goals are followed through
• Contribute to the company supplier strategy for all purchasing material categories – as coordinated by the Procurement Manager
• Regularly review and maintain best possible purchase prices for your categories
• Meet suppliers regularly to be demanding in terms of best prices and service levels
• Work closely with Project Managers to deliver timely solutions against sourcing briefs
• Work closely with Finance, Customer Service, Planning, QA and NPI to ensure effective communication and planning of projects, data maintenance, standard prices, PPV, costing and forecasting
• Review, check and approve or reject any vendor requests for price increases
• Track orders for best delivery performance and push under-performing suppliers as appropriate
• Working knowledge of strategic sourcing and supplier management
• Strong negotiation skills
• Organised, systematic and computer literate
• Team worker
• Attention to detail and ability to cope with pressure
What’s on Offer?
• Salary Circa £25k + Excellent Benefits
• The chance to make a huge impact in the Procurement function of a very successful business