Category Marketing Analyst
North West site with Hybrid home/site working
This role will involve working with one of the UK’s biggest Grocery retailers, including regular meetings with their own Category development teams; and Category Buyers. The role involves (but is not limited to) the following:
• Conduct competitor analysis through weekly store visits & market research, tracking retail price movements in category; promotional activity; and new product launches across the trade.
• Analyse and interpret sales and market data & in doing so understand consumer shopping behaviour / trends.
• Generate Weekly/Monthly Reports and issue to Category teams & wider business:
o Sales Trends & insights
o Highlighting anomalies and reasons for discrepancies
o Promotional uplifts versus forecasts / Promotional analysis
o NPD performance tracking
• Identify & develop opportunities for growth through the following activities: ranging, merchandising, price, promotion, NPD and marketing activities.
• Deliver category insights and make recommendations for category strategies which deliver solutions & growth for our customers.
• Support the execution of business plans in line with agreed company and channel strategies.
• Build effective working relationships internally and externally to maximise existing and new opportunities.
• Ad hoc/ regular tasks as assigned by line manager.
The Ideal Person:
• Experience using data provider software such as Kantar, AC Nielsen, and retailer specific EPOS data providers
• Confident, articulate, numerate, analytical, literate and capable of producing highly accurate reports, presentations and qualified insight.
• High degree of self-motivation and tenacity with attention to detail
• Ability to think around a problem to develop solutions and using initiative to get desired results.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proactive and flexible approach
• Experience of presenting to and working with retail customers
• Strong team working ethic