Category Buyer, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
• To purchase direct materials including food chemicals, commodities and ingredients with a spend remit of £10-£20m
• To develop and implement successful buying strategies to deliver business requirements and specific objectives and targets within timelines as agreed
• To lead and/or represent the procurement department on specific cross-functional projects and support the Procurement team on strategic activity outside of own portfolio of spend categories.
• To represent the procurement department on specific cross-business activity with other businesses within the ABF Procurement community
• To conduct sourcing activity for categories, using the approved processes and e-sourcing platform
• To take responsibility for current and future budgets for own category areas and provide updates on category performance against these budgets.
• To ensure great supplier performance and relationship development through commercial relationships.
• In addition the role will be required to take on specific pieces of work that may be outside of their remit, to support activity in the wider Procurement team from time to time.