Sector: Director Level
Job type: Permanent
UK Food Manufacturer
Home Based- Covering UK wide
Responsible for overseeing and implementing a robust sales, marketing, ecommerce platform and category management process for the division servicing food retail customers.
A UK leading food manufacture with a strong product range into independent food retailers. They have a vast range of sku’s for food and non-food products. Having been running for decades they are a well establish and respected organisation who deliver quality products across the whole of the UK.
This is a brand new position to the company. Reporting to the main board, you will be be responsible for setting the long term strategy in conjunction with the senior exec team. Harnessing the resources of an experienced, energetic sales and marketing director together with a 40 strong team of experienced technically able salespeople.
• Establish strong focus on sales targeting of ‘A’ customers - with spend of £50K to £250K with remit to increase such turnover by circa 40% in five years.
• Ensure measurement of success and refinement of marketing initiatives of extensive product ranges
• Continue roll out of recently launched B2B ecommerce platform ensuring positive alignment of web offering with a determined sales and marketing plan.
• Coordinate product sourcing and ensure commitment to these supply lines through coordinating a national category management approach.
• Ensure good communication and cooperation on all such initiatives with their peer regional site operation directors.
To be successful you’ll have exceptional sales and contract negotiation skills and proven commercial acumen as well as excellent communication and IT skills and obviously a “people leader” attitude. You will need:
• Experienced selling food/ food related products to B2B customers-retail orfoodservice
• A strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
• Previous experience leading a strong sales team – Ability to manage and coach
• Be able to utilise category insights from multiple data sources to create strategies and plans
• Ability to build and maintain strong and lasting relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ideally have experience managing teams selling into food-retail outlets
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and build your team and their success. The salary is c£75K + car/allowance + company and personal performance based bonus up to 10% paid monthly. There is also private health insurance.
Please contact me for a confidential chat