Fast Moving Fresh Produce
South Lincolnshire, Salary c£40k
Our client is a producer and distributor of the UK’s finest fresh produce. Steeped in history they first started their operations over a century ago and are now a “go to” supplier to all the major retailers and wholesalers.
Due to business expansion a new Buyer is needed to drive business forward and sat within a team of experienced Buyers. Ideally this role will be site based to assist in the teams collaboration. Your duties will include.
• Manage the day-to-day procurement of fresh seasonal food and ingredients.
• Maintain and develop strong, long-lasting relationships with your suppliers (UK & EU)
• Responsibility for leading contract negotiations.
• Work with the supply planner to ensure efficient stock availability and provide suppliers with forecasts.
• Complete PO’s, invoicing, and supplier scorecards
Your Skills & Experience
To be considered as the new Buyer you will need.
• Previous experience as a Buyer of fresh produce
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Confident IT skills, including Advanced Excel.
• A positive self-starter attitude.
• Driving licence and own transport.
If successful, the salary for this position is circa £40,000.00 + attractive benefits package. The hours are Mon- Fri 8.30am 17.00 with some flexibility.