Buyer, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Buyer looking for a new role in the Edinburgh region?
My client is looking for an experienced candidate who can ensure that they source and buy great quality products which allow the business customers the best offers, ranges, and prices available.
• Building a best in class, long term sourcing plan that is aligned to the Sell and Move plan and that uses our scale competitively.
• Finding, developing and managing suppliers, to deliver our customer propositions and our joint business targets whilst ensuring that product quality is achieved & maintained.
• Effectively managing commodity and currency risk and negotiating a sustainable, commercial position.
• Supporting the businesses trade, promotions and events plan, through sourcing efficiently, striving to exceed KPI forecasts.
• Forecasting and managing budgets effectively. Always being cost conscious.
• Ensuring we get our products to store efficiently, cost-effectively and on time.
• Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
• Commercial buying experience, preferably and advantageously with trading in dried fruit, nuts and seeds.
• FMCG, manufacturing or retail backgrounds desirable.
• Range and trade planning.
• Report preparation and analysis.
What’s on offer?
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 08.00 - 17.00
• A starting salary commensurate with the position.
• 28 days annual leave
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com or call 01312265060.