Buyer – Ingredients
UK Leading Food Manufacturer
Can Be Based in Craigavon – NI, Grantham, or Warwick
This is a leading protein and prepared foods company who are on a global scale, they provide their products to the UK’s leading supermarkets as well as foodservice customers throughout the UK. Their product portfolio includes a wide number of well-known brands, and they are also one of the UK leading free range and organic meat providers.
Due to internal promotion a Buyer-Ingredients role is now available and can be located at once on 3 different locations: Craigavon – NI, Grantham, or Warwick. Joining a supportive team who specialise in Ingredients & Packaging your duties will include;
• Working with new and existing suppliers to procure items such as seasonings, blends, spices, oils, butters etc (and potentially packaging)
• Support the senior buying team to deliver KPI’s whilst working on cist savings projects
• Collate and prepare reports, providing analysis – record market information
• Support with supplier negotiations, facilitate with tendering and benchmarking
Your Skills & Experience
This role will be ideal for a recent graduate or someone with a few years’ experience. To be considered you will need;
• Advanced Excel and experience using SAP or similar ERP/MRP system
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ideally from an FMCG background
• A driver’s licence and the flexibility to travel to multiple sites across the UK
Once fully trained this role will be a hybrid position with 3 days office and 2 work from home. They offer career progression and provide numerous employee engagement activities. The salary is c £25K + benefits.