Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Butter Manager and is situated in Central Scotland– a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible for the Butter department and the smooth running of the department, also provide leadership to employees.
• Responsible for managing and organising Butter Room activities, in an efficient, cost effective, accurate and timely manner in accordance with daily production plans
• To account for packaging, finished goods and wastage
• Responsible for ensuring all procedures are carried out in accordance with the Company Quality System
• Ensures an effective process of reporting and managing using KPIs
• Ensure that formal documented systems are maintained and developed as appropriate to the overall requirements of the business
• Promote a culture of cost reduction whilst ensuring continuous improvement of manufacturing efficiencies and product quality
• Responsible for identifying machinery engineering improvements and developing sound business cases for investment in plant and machinery
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements and create a team culture of health and safety within the depot and adheres to HR policies and procedures
• Ensure that robust systems are in place in respect of production planning and stock control
• Ensure effective implementation of new business initiatives, procedures, and policies within an adequate timescale
• Site management experience, ideally from the food or drink industry
• Previous dairy experience
• Good general level of education preferably to HNC/HND standard in food technology and mechanical engineering or equivalent
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £40,000-£50,000.
• Additional bonuses from the company’s performance.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.