Business Development Manager – Premium Foodservice Wholesale + End users
This company is growing at a rapid pace, they are renowned for supplying the highest quality products and work closely with local farmers to ensure great standards. They are looking for a driven and proactive BDM/AM who has experience selling into wholesalers and end-users. The focus is offering quality products, developed with Michelin star chefs as well as incorporating sustainable packaging to their range.
As the Business Development Manager you will be in charge of managing existing accounts as well as opening new business avenues to create long-term commercial partnerships.
You’ll have a wide array of duties including:
• Manage existing foodservice accounts, with a key focus on premium wholesalers c. £5m P+L
• Identify potential key accounts focusing on food service distributors, food manufacturers, QSR, catering, hotels and restaurants that are relevant for our brands. Inspire and build strong relationships with the prospects to get our brands on the list of preferred suppliers.
• Work with the marketing department to excite chefs and customers
Your Skills & Experience
Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
• Business Development/Account Management experience within the food industry is essential, either in food service, hospitality or food manufacturing.
• Proactive, resilient and with a strong result orientated attitude.
• Excellent presentation skills with good customer engagement.
• Proactive in developing a strong internal and external network
• A real foodie!
• Sound commercial and analytical acumen.
• Confident in negotiation.
• Clean driving licence.
• Wider understanding of restaurant/hospitality industry is beneficial.
You’ll be joining a passionate, strong performing and values led organisation, where drive and results are recognised and rewarded.
The salary is up to £50K + Car Allowance + Bonus (10%)
Remote, field-based role. Office visits fortnightly in Cornwall