Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Description and Personal Specification
Overview of the role
To work with all stakeholders within the business in building and developing key metrics to help drive and shape the future direction of the company.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you will be required to develop and support key metrics reports and dashboards that govern the performance of the business across all departments and design monitoring systems to aid Finance with tracking actual performance against expectation.
The role will require an enquiring mind and an ability to work with others. You will need to be comfortable presenting to all stakeholders of the business, designing reporting systems that will provide clear and concise business critical information on a timely basis.
You will be responsible for the development, interpretation and presentation of analytical data required by the business. This will include:
• Working will all internal departments to identify suitable key performance metrics specific to their departmental operations
• Develop a suitable framework to display, automate and collect the above metric information on a real time basis for regular review, trend analysis and budgeting
• Support the amendments of current internal reports and KPI dashboards
• Working with Sales, Marketing and Contact Centre on projects and campaigns to ensure that the desired outcomes of these projects are fully understood and monitored from the commencement of the project until its completion.
• Ad-hoc reporting on Key Accounts and new customers to support sales and marketing activity.
• Interpreting and providing monthly updates on Website, Contact Centre and Sales performance.
• To forge good and effective working relationships with all departments and colleagues
• To work with integrity, raising any issues of concern with the Commercial Finance Manager as necessary
• To be self-motivated, organised, disciplined and capable to work without supervision
• To have a willingness to challenge current practices, to ensure that the data provides the information needed to ensure that the business undergoes the changes necessary to keep pace with a modern working environment
• To be flexible in your approach to work to ensure that the needs of the Company are met. Requirement to work with other departments and outside of your normal contracted hours as necessary.
Skills & Experience:
• Strong analytical, communication and project management skills
• Experience of Nielsen system
• Proficient user of word, excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft teams
• Personable, articulate, professional and self-motivated
• Ability to present information in a manner that is understandable and useable by all stakeholders.
• Good relationship builder and the ability to command the respect of colleagues
• Results orientated, focussed and professional
• Ability to identify personal development needs and the experience to develop team members
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company who are in a period of substantial growth just now
• Salary From £45,000
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbents of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.